Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the City Times newspaper.
- 500 g salmon or 500 g tuna or 500 g mackerel (boiled, bones removed and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 boiled potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 onions, peeled,washed and chopped
- 200 g leeks, washed and chopped
- 6 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- oil, to fry
- water, as required
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- of oil in a pan.
- Add onions, curry leaves, green chillies and leeks to it.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper and turmeric powders.
- Mix well.
- Add fish, mix well and remove from heat.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- To make a pastry, mix the flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt to taste, one egg and water till you get a thick batter.
- In a flat frying pan, prepare pancakes with this batter.
- Put the fish mixture in the middle of these pancakes and roll them out neatly.
- Beat the other egg and dip the rolls completely in it.
- Then roll these in breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and serve hot.
This is yummy. Very tasty and easy to make. Thanks for a tasty dish, charishma