Recipe by Doris Barrick
I like this recipe because it is a cracker based stuffing. This is a great recipe for a dinner party served with a tartar sauce or lemon butter sauce. I got this recipe from the all recipe site.
Top Review by mama smurf
This made for a wonderful meal. I used fresh sole, some fresh crab and used fresh garlic also. Served with garlic rice, a green salad and a glass of wine for DH and I. Definately will make this again. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov. 2009.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 cup minced crabmeat, fresh or 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 12 (6 ounce) fillets sole or 12 (6 ounce) other thin white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, fot dotting each roll
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lighty coat a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Melt 2/3cup butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- add crabmeat, parsley, garlic powder,salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and add crushed crackers.
- Spread mixture evenly over 12 fillets sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Roll up fillets and hold together with toothpicks.
- Place in baking dish and dot each fillet with butter.
- Cover pan and seal tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes until fish flakes.