Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lovely, filling lunch that's simple to make and good for you too.
- 4 fish fillets (cod or halibut works well)
- 1 lemon
- 50 g butter, melted
- 75 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150 ml milk
- Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish and juice the lemon over it.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs with half the parsley, some zest from the lemon and seasoning.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the breadcrumb mixture over the fish to form a crust, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender then drain.
- Heat the milk to boiling point then pour over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining parsley and a little lemon zest and season to taste.
- Serve the fish on mash immediately.