Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sierra In Banana Leaves
- 8 ounces sierra fish fillets (same as King Makeral or Kingfish)
- 2 large banana leaves (approx. 8 x 14 inches)
- aluminum foil, - 10 x 16 inches
- 1 whole tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, seedless, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Lay Aluminum Foil down flat.
- Place Banana leave centered on Aluminum Foil.
- Make 3 daigonal slices evenly across fillet.
- Insert Slices of Tomatoes, Limes and Onions in cuts on fish.
- Mix Mayo, Sour Cream, Wasabi, Oil, Garlic and pepper and spread mixture over entire fish.
- Season with Salt and pepper.
- Wrap fish tightly.
- Place on prepared grill or pre-heated(350*F) oven for 10-15 minutes.
- DO NOT FLIP OR TURN.
- SERVE WITH Steamed or Fried Rice Garnished with fried Plantain Chips.
Tried it but with yellowtail and came out moist and delicious.
Next time I am going to use Mahi-Mahi or other Pelagic fish.
And instead of wasabi, i am going to use Chipotle to flavor the
sauce because Wasabi is hard to get in Mexico.