1/1 Photo of Fish Pie With Sweet Potato Topping
1 hr 20 mins
jenny butt's Note:
Another no fuss recipe from Jo Pratt & UKTV Food. Easy make & delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.11 lb butter
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 0.11 lb plain flour
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1.10 lb cod, coley skinned & cut into chunks or 1.10 lb haddock fillets, skinned & cut into chunks
- 0.44 lb cooked tiger shrimp
- 0.33 lb smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 0.44 lb cooked scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 180°/gas 4.
- 2Melt butter in large pan.
- 3Add onion; sauté.
- 4Stir in flour & cook for about 30 secs before gradually adding milk.
- 5Bring to a simmer & cook for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth thick sauce.
- 6Stir in the white fish, prawns,smoked salmon. scallops, dill/parsley lemon zest & juice.
- 7Add salt & pepper at this stage if needed.
- 8Once the sauce is bubbling & the cod is starting to flake a little, remove from the heat.
- 9Spoon into a large 1.5 - 1.8 ltr pie dish OR 4 individual dishes.
- 10Leave to cool whilst preparing the topping.
- 12Coarsely grate the sweet potato.
- 13Place in a clean tea towel & squeeze out the excess water.
- 14Melt the butter in a pan & add the potato.
- 15Stir over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the potato is coated in Butter & starting to soften.
- 16Scatter the potato over the top of the pie, leaving a rough topping rather than pressing it down.
- 17Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- 18Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 mins until the top is golden and the filling is starting to bubble over the edges.
- 19Serve with garlic bread & salad of choice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Pie With Sweet Potato Topping
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 239.7 mg
- Sodium 919.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 61.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of