Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
We swap eggs from our hens for fresh water trout from our neighbours next door.
Make and share this Fish Pie - Trout recipe from Food.com.
- Butter 3 pie dishes.
- Cut the potatoes into even sized pieces and boil until tender. Drain and mash with a tablespoon of butter and some milk, season with salt and pepper - set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the cleaned fish in a baking dish, tucking the bay leaves inside the fish and add the 2 table spoons of water. Cover tightly with foil and bake in a moderate oven until just done. (my fish tend to be big and take about 30 mins).
- Take the fish from the oven and let cool in the tin still covered in the foil. When cool, remove skin and bones and flake the fish in large flakes evenly into the 3 buttered pie dishes.
- Make the sauce by taking the milk and the juices from the fish and put these into a sauce pan with the spinach and parsley. Add 2 desert spoons of slaked (with milk) cornflour to thicken and salt and pepper to season.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened then pour over the fish in each pie dish.
- Top each pie with mashed potato and bake in a moderate oven intil golden brown on top. (about 35 -40 mins depending on size of pies).
- Each pie serves 2 very hungry people.
- Serve with additional vegies if liked.