1 hr 10 mins
We swap eggs from our hens for fresh water trout from our neighbours next door.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 3 pie dishes.
- 2Cut the potatoes into even sized pieces and boil until tender. Drain and mash with a tablespoon of butter and some milk, season with salt and pepper - set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, place the cleaned fish in a baking dish, tucking the bay leaves inside the fish and add the 2 table spoons of water. Cover tightly with foil and bake in a moderate oven until just done. (my fish tend to be big and take about 30 mins).
- 4Take the fish from the oven and let cool in the tin still covered in the foil. When cool, remove skin and bones and flake the fish in large flakes evenly into the 3 buttered pie dishes.
- 5Make the sauce by taking the milk and the juices from the fish and put these into a sauce pan with the spinach and parsley. Add 2 desert spoons of slaked (with milk) cornflour to thicken and salt and pepper to season.
- 6Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened then pour over the fish in each pie dish.
- 7Top each pie with mashed potato and bake in a moderate oven intil golden brown on top. (about 35 -40 mins depending on size of pies).
- 8Each pie serves 2 very hungry people.
- 9Serve with additional vegies if liked.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Pie - Trout
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g