Recipe by The Flying Chef
These can be served as an entree or a main course and also make for a lovely light lunch. They are great as a one of the dishes you prepare when doing a BBQ, they cook well on an oiled BBQ plate. I have listed two different dipping sauce below you can make both or try the one that you think you will like best or even make your own. I have listed serving size as 4-6 depending on whether you are making this as a main course or a starter or for lunch
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 red chile, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 500 g white fish fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs if you can't get these don't use regular just use plain flour.)
- 40 -50 ml peanut oil
Sweet Chili-Coriander Sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 100 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
Coriander Chili Yogurt
- 150 g yogurt, natural
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend or process carrot, zucchini, onion, garlic, chili, ginger, coriander and rind until finely chopped.
- Add fish, sauces and turmeric blend or process until well combined. Shape into patties and for ease of handling refrigerate about 20 min's before using.
- Heat the oil in a pan or on a grill, press panko flakes onto each side of patties and cook over a medium heat, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Serve with dipping sauces.
- Sweet Chili-Coriander Sauce.
- Combine the first three ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves (I usually just zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, to heat enough, to dissolve sugar.).
- Stir in herbs and serve.
- Coriander Chili Yogurt.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and serve.
- To Serve: Arrange patties on a platter plate and serve dipping sauces along side.