Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple recipe for Fish.
- 2 lbs fish fillets, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- In a large bowl,mix all ingredients except oil.
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium heat.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- Fry patties until lightly brown on both sides.
I tried this recipe with some frozen Yellow Perch I had. I didn't have an onion so I crushed up an equivalent amount of french fried onions as a substitute. The patties came out nice and firm with a mild sweet fish flavor. I may add a bit of garlic next time. Great easy recipe.
For a complete noob with fish, this was just what I needed to use up our leftover fish. The patties were slightly too peppery for our taste and I had a bit of a challenge keeping them from falling apart in the frying pan, but beyond that, this one is a keeper for us! Thanks for posting!