Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We had this for dinner last night, I used sole and it turned out perfect.
Make and share this Fish Ontario recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb white fish fillet (cod, sole, turbot, etc.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, skim fat from top
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Spray 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove fish from oven and pour liquid from baking dish into cream sauce, stirring until blended.
- Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with grapes.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown.