Easy and fast to make finger food. Can be easily prepared in advance and scaled up for guests. Serve the nuggets with your favorite salsa, sauce or dip. I love these fish nuggets, because they are made without any fat. This is a comfort food I like very much. I like them hot and even cold they are delicious.
- Preheat oven (395°F, 200°C). Line out a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Cut fish fillet bite-sized pieces (nuggets). Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl combine milk, egg, mustard and yogurt. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the fish nuggets into milk mixture to cover nuggets with the sauce.
- Take nuggets out of the sauce (using a fork) and let drip off excess of sauce and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place them on the baking tray and bake them for 10 minutes. Then heat up the oven and broil them until they are golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and serve them hot with your favorite sauce, salsa or dip.
- NOTE: Can easily prepared in advance and freeze. Follow the directions and bake them only for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven and freeze them. To serve: take them out of the freezer, thaw and broil them until they are golden brown.
- NOTE: I do not have given the amount of breadcrumbs needed. Sometimes I need more, sometimes less. But coat the nuggets only with a thin layer of breadcrumbs. You can replace the breadcrumbs by ground almonds. This will add a nutty flavor to the nuggets.
Wow! These are addictively good and so easy to make! I usually don't like fish, but the taste and texture of these was wonderful. I also added a bit of tobasco sauce to the mustard/milk/yoghurt mixture, and used Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs with a dash of Salmon Seasoning. Wonderful and will definitely make again!
Delicious and super easy, thanks for sharing! I added parmesean cheese and italian seasoning to my plain breadcrumbs (also salt and pepper). Didn't have plain yogurt, so I used sour cream instead. Everyone loved it. Even the picky eaters.
I love recipes that are healthy, yet tasty - this meets that criteria! I used cod loins, low fat yogurt & 1% milk ....... served with Kittencal's Tarragon Mustard Sauce (#118823) for dipping. Thanx Thorsten!