Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. tilapia cooked in a delicious mole sauce, neatly wrapped and cooked in their own foil package.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped with seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Chop whole onion and fry with 3 tablespoons of olive oil in large pan until transluscent.
- Add chopped garlic, dried cumin, coriander ,chili powder,jalapeno and dash of salt& pepper.Mix thoroughly.
- On a broiling pan add all the fresh tomatoes, and the red bell pepper.Broil until the skin is brown about 10 minutes,then remove from oven, peel off the skin and de seed the pepper.
- Puree the broiled tomatoes, and pepper in a food processor, then add to the pan of cooked onions and spices, melt in the squares of dark unsweeetened chocolate.
- Create individual foil packages for each dinner guest, spoon the mole sauce on the bottom of the foil, lay the Tilapia fillet on top, spoon more mole onto fish, then top with ground almonds, tighly wrap each fish package,making sure that the steam can't escape and bake in oven at 425 for about 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with rice and corn tortillas.
This recipe was one I liked. I tried 3 so far and liked 2. Didn't like one,