Recipe by mom2dubai
This recipe is the perfect choice for those who like mild curry. smells great if fish is fried in coconut oil but since its fatty best to go for canola or sunflower or olive oil.
- 500 g kingfish, - 500 gms (grouper variety)
- 2 cups coconut milk, - 2 cups
- 2 onions, -2
- 1 green chili, -1 sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, -finely chopped 2 tbspns
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, paste -1 tbspn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, -1tspn
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder, -1spn
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, -1spn
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, -1tspn
- salt, -according to your taste
- 3 tablespoons oil, -3 tbspns
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a paste of chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder,salt in little water and rub into fish.set aside for 1 hr or more.
- To make coconut milk use either powder or directly from tin.But it should be thick milk.
- Fry the fish in oil till half done.
- Remove fish and in the same oil fry ginger ,garlic and onions till light brown in colour.
- Now add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil.simmer and add the fried fish pieces and cook for 7-8 minutes till its fully cooked and the gravy becomes a little thick.
- check salt and add curry leaves to garnish.
- Can be served with white rice or pulao.
- you can add cornflour mixed in water to the coconut milk if the gravy is watery.