Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is perfect served with steamed vegetables or rice, or if your feeling cheeky a plate of hot chips
- Remove skin from fillets.
- Remove bones.
- Combine peeled and finely chopped onion, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large plate, mix well.
- Add fillets, spoon mixture over fillets to coat thoroughly.
- Allow fillets to marinate 1 hour, turning them occasionally.
- Remove fillets from marinate.
- Coat lightly with flour.
- Dip in combined beaten eggs and milk, then into breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on firmly.
- Heat extra oil and butter in large frying pan.
- Add fillets, cook gently on both sides until golden brown.
- Allow approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Melt extra butter in separate pan, add crushed garlic.
- Cook until butter turns light golden brown, add parsley.
- Pour browned butter over fillets.