Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups chablis
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, Ground
- Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- Use as a marinade, Then as a basting sauce when you cook fish.
Very good. I used it on some cod we had. The way I used it was to poach the fish in the marinade in the oven. Worked great! Thnx for posting, Ginny Sue. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Very simple and good. I had to substitute a South African wine for the chablis, and I also cooked down the sauce to about 1 cup. I'm not sure what "creole" mustard is, so used a Dijon-type with crushed seeds in it. I do so believe in simple sauces for fresh fish, not overpowering ones. Thanks, Ginny -- it should be 4 1/2 stars!