Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from Anjali Vellody's Food column of the Thursday magazine. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by tara portee
an interesting change of pace. I thought that the cilantro overpowered and that the amount of burghul could be cut back. I found the burghul interesting and might try another kibbeh recipe in the future
- 1 kg hamour fish, cleaned, washed and de-boned
- 8 spring onions, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried lime powder
- 2 cups fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 650 g burghul (crushed wheat)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mash the fish along with the spring onions, salt, pepper and powdered dried lime.
- Add corriander leaves and mix well.
- Now rub the burghul with the fish.
- Mash well and mix with a spoon or fork.
- Then shape the fish mixture into egg-shaped kibbehs.
- Place the kibbehs in a shallow dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked and well browned.