Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From "Recipes for a healthy heart", Weekend.
Top Review by Northwest Lynnie
Thank you for sharing this, Charishma, I really enjoyed these flavors! I used Trader Joes' already prepared fresh salmon/halibut skewers. To better meet sodium needs, I substituted half water for the fish and soy sauce amounts. I also added 2 TBSP peanut oil to the marinade for easier cooking, and since the skewers were already prepared, I served the bell pepper in a salad. I baked the skewers this time (375* for 20 mins.), but look forward to grilling them in the near future. :)
- 600 g white fish fillets, cut into medium size pieces
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finey chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 small red chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind ginger, garlic, red chillies and corriander leaves to a fine paste.
- Add the fish and soya sauce with lime juice.
- Marinate fish in this mixture for 30 minutes in your refrigerator.
- Thread the fish kebabs, alternating with one diced piece of red bell pepper.
- Serve hot.