SBD Phase 1 recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb fresh halibut, scrod, swordfish, salmon or 1/2 lb tuna steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/4 large red onion, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/4 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2 wedges
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2 wedges
- 2 cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 1Combine the oil, juice, and mustard in an 8" x 8" glass baking dish. Stir to blend. Cut the fish into eight 1" cubes. Add in one layer to the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 5–10 minutes. Turn the fish cubes to coat evenly and chill 5 minutes longer.
- 2Preheat the broiler. Drain the fish cubes, reserving the marinade. Separate the onion layers slightly. Thread the fish and vegetables onto two skewers, alternating fish cubes with onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Brush the kabobs lightly with the reserved marinade.
- 3Place the skewers on a broiler pan and broil 4" from the heat source, about 3 minutes. Turn the kabobs and brush again with the marinade. Broil for 3–4 minutes longer or until the fish is no longer translucent and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 4Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 24.4 g