Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fish fillets, such as orange roughy,halibut or 1 1⁄4 lbs cod
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon parsley (or other herb)
- Heat pineapple and lime juices to a simmer in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add fillets and poach 1 minute.
- Carefully turn fish over.
- Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer fish to a large plate and cover to keep warm; reserve juices in the skillet.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with herbs and serve at once.
I made this tonight for dinner using salmon filets and topping with cilantro, basil, and a little pepper. Super tasty! Next time, I might also add a little lemon juice to the sauce as well. Thanks!
This was really very good! A little bit too limey maybe but I still liked it. I served with cauliflower and zucchini.
made this for dinner this evening and this one just wasn't one we cared for. it had an odd taste to me and my family found it to be very bland. thanks anyways- we love many of your recipes!