Recipe by Ailsa of New Zealand
Makes a nice light meal. You could really put any vegetables that you like in the parcels.
Top Review by Jules127
Fantastic moist fish! I used thicker Captainâ€™s Cut cod filets and had some baby spinach and shitakes to use up, and added them along with the scallions, white wine, lemon juice and a thinly sliced round of lemon for a garnish. I served it with basmati rice and roasted asparagus. It was really fresh and tasty and I can imagine many vegetable combinations would work well!
- 2 white fish fillets
- 2 green onions, sliced (Spring onions)
- 3 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (1 Tbsp for each parcel)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Take baking paper, about double the size of a dinner plate.
- Place some of the spring onions on each sheet of paper with some of the sliced muschrooms.
- Place fish on top and put the remainder of the onions and mushrooms on top.
- Dribble the chilly sauce and sprinkle with salt to your taste.
- Crimp the paper around all open edges leaving a small gap to pour the lemon juice and white wine in, then crimp the parcel closed tight. Place on baking sheet and put in oven heated to 200c for about 10-15 minutes. Don't over cook the fish.
- Serve with steamed green beans or Kumara (Sweet Potato) Chips.