Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish I made up on my own and almost everyone loves the taste. Even people who do not eat fish loves it because of the taste. This is not your ordinary fish dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, cut in to half
- 4 -6 scallions, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- In a large frying pan, place the butter and scallions.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and add the fish in the pan and let the fish get a bit brown on each side.
- Then add the orange and the zest in the pan cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika and mix very carefully without breaking the fish too much, until the paprika has dissolved.
- Then add the cream to the pan and stir it carefully until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer and serve warm.
Pretty good! I followed the recipe as follows making one change of using only about half the paprika. Not because I was doing something from experience, but rather I am a new cook who hasn't used much paprika and was a bit hesitant to put the whole 3 tablespoons in, not sure what it would do to the taste since it was already looking and smelling so good. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because I believe there is something missing (more than the paprika I left out). I'm sure adding more salt would help but instead of having to use a lot of salt I'm hoping someone else can figure out a good additional ingredient to push this yummy recipe to a 5. I made it with uncle ben's white rice (my new fav. rice) adding a spoonful of cream cheese to the rice when fluffing at the end. If you've never tried that it's really good! I would have liked to have a good vggie on the side too but couldn't decide on one so I didn't make any! Anyway it tasted so good along side the rice I began to mix it up all together spreading the sauce and fish throughout the rice. Gasp!! Just looked at the recipe again. I think I figured it out-I left out the OJ!!! Well, problem solved. That prob would have given it a 5. But hey it was still really yummy without. Good stuff. Keep experimenting Chef Jay in Atlanta, you done good! May Jesus bless your hands!