1/1 Photo of Fish in Ginger Sauce
Mr. Sandman's Note:
This is far easier than the list of ingredients may indicate. If you enjoy fishing, this is a great way to prepare your fresh catch, whether bass, bluegill, crappie, perch or walleye fillets. It's great with tilapia fillets too. I came up with this Asian-like recipe after years of experimenting and tweaking. It has a little spice kick to it from the Szechuan stir-fry sauce, but anyone can handle it, even kids. I posted a 5 minute video of myself making this dish on YouTube under the title "Fish in Ginger Sauce" (from Juanelo1946)."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of szechuan stir-fry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 -2 lb of small fish fillet
- 1/2 cup of fried fish breading (or cornmeal with salt & pepper)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 2 -3 large green onions, chopped
- 1Fillets should be wet.
- 2In a small bowl mix the first six ingredients.
- 3Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add vegetable oil to skillet.
- 5Put breading in one gallon sealable plastic bag.
- 6Add the fillets to the bag and shake to coat them thoroughly.
- 7Put the breaded fillets onto clean plate.
- 8Add fillets to hot oil and cook until slightly brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- 9Turn over fillets and brown on other side for another minute.
- 10Turn heat down to medium.
- 11Pour in the soy sauce mixture.
- 12Turn fish over one last time.
- 13Cover pan and let it simmer about 3-4 minutes more (see note).
- 14Transfer fillets to serving platter and pour sauce from skillet over top.
- 15Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the top.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish in Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 2804.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: