Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast Italian fish dinner recipe. Use any firm white fish--tilapia, cod, halibut etc. If you don't like olive oil, you can reduce the amount. This is meant to be a eaten with bread dipped into the sauce like a Mediterranean dish.
- 2 -4 fish fillets
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped (use zucchini if you like instead)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Use sauté pan and lightly brown eggplant and mushrooms on medium heat in olive oil.
- Salt if desired and add black pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté a bit, but don't burn.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Add Italian seasoning and Italian parsley.
- Stir together to incorporate and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Add fish fillets and spoon sauce over fillets (season fish first if you like).
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until fish flakes.
- Serve immediately with fresh Italian bread for scooping up the sauce.
- Garnish with more fresh Italian parsley and Parmigiano Reggiano, if desired.
This is an excellent recipe. Brilliant flavors that pair beautifully make a meal thats worthy of company. Very easy to put together but let the friends and family think that you worked for hours to achieve the rich flavor depth. I used Basa in this and every bite was enjoyed. Made for ZWT 7.
This recipe is awesome. The flavors do pair beautifully together, and it's so easy to make. I found it by googling fish and eggplant, and I'm so glad I did. I made it last week and my husband asked for it again this week. The great thing about it is that it's super healthy as well.