1/2 Photos of Fish in Creamy Coconut Sauce
This is an AUTHENTIC Malay/Indonesian recipe and tastes absolutely beautiful with rice. Trust me! :) I got this recipe from hawkers in Malaysia--so it's a tad spicy. Chicken breasts may be used in place of fish. Note: This serves 4 with rice and a side of stir-fried vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large red chilies, minced
- 4.92 ml ginger, grated
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 10 kaffir lime leaves or 2 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 14.79 ml tamarind paste (found in Asian food stores)
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 400 ml can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 piece fish, cutlets about 1 inch thick or 600 g fish fillets
- 1Fry the onion and chillies in a little oil til the onion goes soft.
- 2Add the ginger, tumeric, tamarind paste and lime leaves (or lemongrass). Fry til fragrant, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- 3Mix in the coconut milk and pineapple chunks.
- 4Arrange the fish pieces in the sauce, cover and simmer til cooked.
- 5Season with salt and sugar. It should be more savoury than sweet.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish in Creamy Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves