Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I use blue hake fillets (from Schwan's) but any white fish would work nicely here. If you're not a cilantro lover, you can substitute parsley.
- 2 lbs fresh white fish fillets or 2 lbs frozen white fish fillets (6 fillets)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, ground
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seeded and chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus a bit more for sprinkling
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Thaw fish if frozen.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil till tender but not brown.
- Add the almonds, lime juice, jalepeno, salt& pepper.
- Heat through.
- Arrange fish fillets in a well greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cilantro.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until fish tests done.