Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe I found on the Food Network site.I wanted to do something different with some fresh cod that I had.This is,honestly the best baked fish recipe I have ever tried.I have just printed off a load of copies for friends.It is so tasty with ingredients that most people already have in their cupboard. I used the 2 tbsp of butter that the recipe called for but it could easily be reduced to even just 2 tsp.
- 2 teaspoons spices (Baby Bam-recipe follows)
- 4 (8 ounce) cod fish fillets (or flounder, sole,scrod, or whitefish)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic and white pepper. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients well until smooth. This is called a compound butter.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season each fish fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of the Baby Bam.
- Lay each fillet in the center of a piece of aluminum foil and spoon 2 tablespoons of the compound butter over the top of the fish.
- Bring the long edges of the aluminum foil together and make thin folds to form an airtight seal. One side at a time, bring the outer short edges together and fold 2 or 3times inward to seal the sides of the pouch.
- Repeat with the remaining fish fillets.
- Lay the pouches on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and cut the pouches open with kitchen scissors, or carefully unfold the pouches. Watch out for steam--keep your face away!
- Serve immediately.
- Baby Bam:.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine, using a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Yield: About 3/4 cup.