This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe I found on the Food Network site.I wanted to do something different with some fresh cod that I had.This is,honestly the best baked fish recipe I have ever tried.I have just printed off a load of copies for friends.It is so tasty with ingredients that most people already have in their cupboard. I used the 2 tbsp of butter that the recipe called for but it could easily be reduced to even just 2 tsp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons spices (Baby Bam-recipe follows)
- 4 (8 ounce) cod fish fillets (or flounder, sole,scrod, or whitefish)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic and white pepper. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients well until smooth. This is called a compound butter.
- 2Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Season each fish fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of the Baby Bam.
- 4Lay each fillet in the center of a piece of aluminum foil and spoon 2 tablespoons of the compound butter over the top of the fish.
- 5Bring the long edges of the aluminum foil together and make thin folds to form an airtight seal. One side at a time, bring the outer short edges together and fold 2 or 3times inward to seal the sides of the pouch.
- 6Repeat with the remaining fish fillets.
- 7Lay the pouches on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and cut the pouches open with kitchen scissors, or carefully unfold the pouches. Watch out for steam--keep your face away!
- 10Serve immediately.
- 11Baby Bam:.
- 12Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine, using a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- 13Yield: About 3/4 cup.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish in a Pouch
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.3 mg
- Sodium 3652.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: