I'm always looking for different recipes to use the rewards of family fishing adventures. Found this recipe handwritten in one of my recipe books. Not sure where it came from. The flavours blend well together and the aroma is just delightful when you cut into your parcel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (375 g) packet phyllo pastry, thawed
- 80 g butter, melted
- 1 lime, zest of, grated
- 1 sprig fresh dill, extra for garnish
- 4 (150 g) fish fillets (any fish with firm white flesh)
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut similarly
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips also
- 8 snow peas, cut the same way
- 1Pre-heat oven to 220°C conventional or 200°C fan forced.
- 2Combine the butter, lime rind and dill.
- 3Brush one sheet of phyllo pastry lightly with the lime butter.
- 4Sprinkle pastry randomly with sprigs of dill. Top with another layer of pastry, brush with lime butter and fold phyllo in half horizontally.
- 5Brush the fish fillets with lime butter.
- 6Combine vegetables and place 1/4 on top of pastry sheet, top with a piece of fish.
- 7Fold in the sides of pastry over the fish, then bring the top and bottom edges of pastry over the fish to form a parcel. Place parcel seam-side down onto a paper-lined baking tray. Brush top of pastry parcel with lime butter. Repeat process with remaining fillets and pastry.
- 8Bake at 220°C conventional or 200°C fan forced for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden. Serve with steamed potatoes and salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish in a Phyllo (Filo) Parcel With Dill and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 718.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of