Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is super easy to make and can be frozen before baking so it makes it an easy OAMC recipe. The recipe comes form the Super Suppers cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 white fish fillets, about 4 ounces each, such as tilapia, cod, sole
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- On a plate mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, onion garlic powder, basil, lemon-pepper and cayenne.
- Brush both sides of fish fillets with 2 tbsps of the oil.
- Coat both sides of fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat the remaining 2 tbsps oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fish in a single layer and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn carefully, fry 2 to 3 minutes more until fish is flaky.
- To freeze: Prepare up through coating the fish with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in a freezer container and freeze for up to one month. Defrost in completely in refrigerator. Continue with the recipe.
This is absolutely delicious! OMG! I used Cod and used a little more oil than called for. Definately follow the time instructions b/c your fish will fall apart if you leave it on the heat too long. Yum yum!