Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandfather's tradition around the holdays.
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice (about 30)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves (about 15)
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 (1 liter) bottle light rum or 1 (1 liter) bottle dark rum, chilled
- 1 (750 ml) bottle brandy, chilled
- 2 cups peach schnapps, chilled
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
- In a large punch bowl, combine honey mixture, rum, brandy, peach schnapps and water (my grandfather would take 4 of the 6 cups of water and freeze in a metal bowl and put the big ice cube into the punch bowl, keeping the punch cold and not over-diluting it as the ice melted.) Mix well. Chill until serving time.
- Makes 32 (1/2 cup) servings.