Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very special dish for special ocassions, special people or special moments. Substitute non-alcoholic wine if you wish but don't forget to light the candles!
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 lb claw crabmeat
- 1 cup chablis or 1 cup other dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces grated swiss cheese
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stuffing: Place butter, wine, sherry, spices, and garlic in a saucepan, bring to a boil, remove from heat, stir in green onion and let cool.
- Place celery, onion, Parmesan, croutons and crab in a large bowl, add butter-wine mixture and mix well.
- To assemble: Place 6 shrimp on the bottom of 4 greased flat bottomed baking dishes or 4 separate areas of a cookie sheet.
- Divide stuffing into 4 portions, place on top of shrimp and pat down evenly over shrimp.
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup white wine and 1 tsp melted butter.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, combine the cheeses and sprinkle over each serving.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I have had this dish in many fish restaurants and none come close to this version. This recipe is very special and very yummy! Thanks for posting Carol!
Celebrated my mother-in-laws 82nd birthday with family with this recipe. It really is the best crabmeat stuffing recipe any of us ever had. I used U-5 shrimp (2 1/2 lbs) and doubled the stuffing recipe. I only changed two things - cooking time to 30 minutes to accomodate the larger shrimp and used only the two stalks of celery. All guests are making this their #1 baked stuffed shrimp recipe.!!!