Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on the internet as a recipe request. Guessing at times and servings since I don't have any idea how long it takes to cook a fish head or how many servings it makes.
- 1 large red snapper head, whole or cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind juice
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh milk
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 eggplants, cut into wedges
- 5 okra pods, cut into 2 cm in length
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 2 green chili peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves or 2 sprigs bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quaters
- Marinate fish with salt and tamarind juice.
- Mix the curry powder, turmeric powder and milk with water into a paste; set aside.
- Heat oil in pan and fry egg plant and okra until lightly brown.
- Drain oil and set aside.
- In same oil, fry shallots, chili, garlic, lemon grass and fenugreek until fragrant.
- Add curry leaves/bay leaves.
- Pour curry paste into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Put in fish head and cook until the flesh is opalescent.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add fried egg plant and okra and lastly tomatoes.
- Serve hot with white rice.