Posting for ZWT 7. Recipe comes from MySwitzerland.com
Make and share this Fish Gratin With Button Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Clean button mushrooms and slice. Mince the shallot. Braise both in butter for approximately 5 minutes. Deglaze with white wine, cook and reduce liquid slightly.
- Butter a gratin dish. Mix half of the mushrooms with herbs and distribute on the bottom of the dish.
- Add salt and pepper to the filets and place on top the mushrooms. Cover with the remaining mushrooms and bake in the 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir egg yolk into the cream. Remove the juice that formed while baking the fish and add it to the egg-cream mixture. Season with pepper and salt and pour over the fish filets. Sprinkle cheese over the dish and add a few flakes of butter.
- Bake another 10 minutes at 350°F heat. Don’t let a brown crust form, if necessary cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve with freshly peeled boiled potatoes, grainy rice or fine noodles.