Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice easy way to prepare any mild white fish fillet
- 6 medium white fish fillets, eg. flounder, turbot, tilapia
- 1⁄2 cup bottled creamy French dressing
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into thirds
- 1⁄3 lb sliced mozzarella cheese or 1⁄3 lb provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Pour the French dressing into a medium bowl.
- Dip each fillet into dressing, then place in a shallow baking pan.
- Top the fillets with tomato and cheese slices, then any dressing remaining in bowl.
- Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 450 oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden and fish flakes easily.
Quick, no-fuss way to prepare fish that looks as great as it tastes. The French dressing works very well with the fish; I never would have thought of that. I used tilapia.
Awesome recipe! Used hoki fillets and sliced the tomato paper thin. Used Recipe #10255 and it gave the dish a little extra crunch. Came together quickly, which is a real plus for me. Will keep this in my "serve often" cookback. Thnx, cookCol, for posting.