Recipe by casamain
OK so I could not really come up with a catchy name but once you have tried this way of preparation you will enjoy making it often--I constantly try to avoid using oil, butter as much as possible and at the same time try to blend yummy flavors so that the end result is flavorful as well as presentable. this is made completely in the microwave, the flavors are retained as the cooking time is less and also the fish does not lose out the nutrients that happen when fish is fried or cooked for a long time. I have tried and tested this way innumerable times and is a hit with my family. You can use any white firm fish or Salmon comes out just as good. I like it best when I use fillets of Sea bass.
- 4 large sea bass fillets, 2 inches thick
- 300 g white mushrooms or 300 g brown button mushrooms, chopped in 4
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered lemon grass or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemongrass, stem that is flattened to bring out the flavor
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I use1/2 teaspoon of Splenda)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch hot paprika, flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fish and pat dry. In a bowl place the fillets and season with salt. Keep for 1/ 2 hours It takes this much time for the salt to be absorbed.
- In a microwavable dish add the lemon juice, salt, sugar or substitute, garlic paste, paprika flakes mushrooms,Cilantro, lemon grass powder or the stem and water. Mix well taste it and (add a pinch more of salt if needed) and coat the fish fillets with this mixture as you put them in Try and get the mushtooms at the bottom and fillets resting on them. Cover with a cover that has a steam vent release- most microwave dishes come with this cover-- You can use any other dish you like but do cover so that the fish does not dry out.
- Microwave on high for 9 minutes.Remove with a slotted spoon- if using lemon grass stem discard it - dump the access juices it will be watery unless you want to use it.
- Serve this with a green salad.