Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Family Fun. A fun party treat and/or favor.
Top Review by Kizzikate
I wish I had a camera... this is the cutest thing ever!! I had a hard time finding gummy fish, but the results were adorable. Made them for my grand daughter's birthday, tied the bags with lots of curled ribbons. Love it!!
- 4 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- gummy fish
Directions See How It's Made
- To make a batch, combine four 1/4-ounce packets of unflavored gelatin with 2/3 cup of sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour in 2 cups of boiling water, stirring until the gelatin and sugar are dissolved, then stir in 2 cups of cold water and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract.
- Line 5 drinking glasses or coffee mugs with sandwich bags and pour 1 cup of the liquid into each.
- With the bags open, chill the gelatin in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When set, cut a slit in the gelatin with a butter knife, slip in a gummy fish or two, then tie closed the bags.