Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fish on a bed of a rich creamy (yet fat-free)spinach sauce.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (or any other mild fish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and drain very well.
- In a small nonstick saucepot over medium heat, add the flour and gradually whisk in the milk and chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and boiling, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and fold in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper (if using).
- Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the spinach, mixing well.
- Spread the creamed spinach on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper (if using) and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the fish. Bake covered, for 30 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.