Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use almost any of your favorite kinds of fish in this recipe and it will still be delicious. I use cod when I can find it.
- 4 skinless boneless fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute the onions in the oil in a skillet over medium heat until transparent.
- Add the chopped spinach and the dill and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove rom heat, add the almonds and lemon juice and set aside.
- Place the fish in a single layer in an oiled or buttered baking dish.
- Spoon spinach filling over the fillets.
- Place a slice of the cheese on top of the spinach.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily. Your baking time will vary with the thickness of your fish. So check after 15 minutes if you have thin fillets.
Easy to make, tastes great too.
This fish dish is just delicious and SO easy to put together. I did use cod and a 6-oz. bag of baby spinach, which I didn't bother to chop. I used reduced fat Swiss cheese, which was great but I'm sure regular Swiss is even better. This recipe will for sure become a regular for us. Thanks so much for posting this Geema :)