Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with sweet potato fries and the meal is complete.
Make and share this Fish Fingers With Fresh Mango Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno green chili peppers or 1 serrano green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango, pitted and diced small
- 2 tablespoons red onions, small chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, coarse chopped
- 1⁄2 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tilapia fillets, cut into long strips
- all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- panko breadcrumbs
- peanut oil (for frying) or canola oil (for frying)
- In a bowl put in the marinade ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Add the fish strips to the marinade and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- In the meantime prepare the Fresh Mango Salsa. Place the mango, red onion, cilantro, red chili, lime juice, orange juice, sugar and cumin powder in a bowl. Season the salsa with freshly ground black pepper; refrigerate.
- To cook the fish: Drain the marinade from the fish. Toss the fish strips with the flour, dip into the beaten egg and coat with Panko.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron pan or non-stick pan until hot. Lower the heat to medium and shallow fry the fish strips for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the fresh mango chutney, lime wedges, and sweet potato fries, if desired.