Recipe by FrVanilla
Recipe by Theresa Albert from Just One Bite. For children, you can leave out the dill, lemon rind or cayenne according to their taste.
Top Review by strangemk ; )
This sounds like a really good recipe, and I will try it soon. We love fish, and fish as finger food, and not as fish sticks, sounds even better. Will be back to re-review it soon. : )
- 1 1⁄4 lbs halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon wedge
- tartar sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Fish Fingers:.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut fish fillets into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a bowl combine flour with half of the salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine potato flakes, remaining salt, dill, lemon rind and cayenne and place in a shallow dish.
- Dredge fish in seasoned flour and shake off excess; dip into eggs; press into potato flakes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with melted butter. Place fish on baking sheet; turn fish and brush with butter. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden on bottom; turn and continue to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.