Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe by Theresa Albert from Just One Bite. For children, you can leave out the dill, lemon rind or cayenne according to their taste.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon wedge
- tartar sauce
- Fish Fingers:.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut fish fillets into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a bowl combine flour with half of the salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine potato flakes, remaining salt, dill, lemon rind and cayenne and place in a shallow dish.
- Dredge fish in seasoned flour and shake off excess; dip into eggs; press into potato flakes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with melted butter. Place fish on baking sheet; turn fish and brush with butter. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden on bottom; turn and continue to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
This sounds like a really good recipe, and I will try it soon. We love fish, and fish as finger food, and not as fish sticks, sounds even better. Will be back to re-review it soon. : )