Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe by Theresa Albert from Just One Bite. For children, you can leave out the dill, lemon rind or cayenne according to their taste.
- Fish Fingers:.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut fish fillets into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a bowl combine flour with half of the salt and pepper and place in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine potato flakes, remaining salt, dill, lemon rind and cayenne and place in a shallow dish.
- Dredge fish in seasoned flour and shake off excess; dip into eggs; press into potato flakes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with melted butter. Place fish on baking sheet; turn fish and brush with butter. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden on bottom; turn and continue to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
This sounds like a really good recipe, and I will try it soon. We love fish, and fish as finger food, and not as fish sticks, sounds even better. Will be back to re-review it soon. : )