- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 green onions, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped (half the amount if using dried)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml lemon rind, grated
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 680.38 g fish fillets (6 4-oz fillets of tilapia, snapper, grouper, orange roughy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add flour, stirring well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add parsley, salt, grated lemon rind, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer over the sauce in the skillet; carefully spoon the sauce over the fillets. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- Serve the fish topped with the sauce.