Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
An easy fish dish that can be made in about 30 minutes. Great for an after work dinner.
Make and share this Fish Fillets With Mushroom-Lemon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (half the amount if using dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces fish fillets (6 4-oz fillets of tilapia, snapper, grouper, orange roughy)
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add flour, stirring well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add parsley, salt, grated lemon rind, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer over the sauce in the skillet; carefully spoon the sauce over the fillets. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- Serve the fish topped with the sauce.
Delicious recipe! the lemon grind gives a very subtle special flavour
Very delicious lunch for me and the hubs. So easy to make and budget friendly. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag game. Thanks breezermom for a great recipe.
Hubs calls it comfort food fish. We both liked it - we used cod... and we served it with cooked barley and roasted vegetables. What a nice meal. Thank you for posting.