- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (half the amount if using dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces fish fillets (6 4-oz fillets of tilapia, snapper, grouper, orange roughy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add flour, stirring well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add parsley, salt, grated lemon rind, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer over the sauce in the skillet; carefully spoon the sauce over the fillets. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- Serve the fish topped with the sauce.