1/3 Photos of Fish Fillets With Mushroom-Lemon Sauce
An easy fish dish that can be made in about 30 minutes. Great for an after work dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (half the amount if using dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces fish fillets (6 4-oz fillets of tilapia, snapper, grouper, orange roughy)
- 1Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add flour, stirring well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the milk.
- 2Add parsley, salt, grated lemon rind, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 3Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer over the sauce in the skillet; carefully spoon the sauce over the fillets. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- 4Serve the fish topped with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Fillets With Mushroom-Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 567.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.9 g