Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one came from my stash. I can't remember its original source but it is one of our favorites. I love tarragon with anything!!
- 3⁄4 lb white fish fillet (cod, sole, orange roughly, talapia, mahi mahi)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper tops of fish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet.
- Add fish, top side down and cook over high heat until brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until fish flakes, about 3 minutes. Timing depends on thickness of the fish.
- Remove to a platter.
- Over low heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet.
- Stir in lemon juice and tarragon.
- Spoon over fish.