Recipe by Alskann
A delicious way to serve halibut or other firm fleshed white fish with a distinct Mediterranean flavor! ***Note:Harissa is a Tunisian hot red sauce made from chile peppers, spices, and sometimes tomatoes.
- 2 lbs thick fish fillets (any white fish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour (for dusting)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of, about 1-2 tablespoons
- fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour and fry in hot olive oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer fish to a side dish. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, harissa, bay leaf and 1/2 cup water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add olives and fish fillets and continue cooking, uncovered, until the fish is tender and the sauce thick.
- Add lemon juice to taste. Discard the bay leaf.
- Serve, sprinkled with parsley.