Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Compliments of Taste of Home. A great combination of citruses.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup dried herbs, of your choice (chives, thyme, basil, oregano, dill,)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from lemon)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (from orange)
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar (start with 2 tsp.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb orange roughy or 1 lb cod or 1 lb haddock fillet
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; beat until well blended adding more sugar if necessary. Shape half the butter mixture into a log; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Place remaining mixture in a microwave safe bowl; heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Place fish fillets in an ungreased 13" by 9" by 2" baking dish. Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375* oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cut butter log into slices and serve with fish.