Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Star of Texas Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup sauterne
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 lbs fish
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually add wine and broth, then the herbs and cook until thickened.
- Salt and pepper fillets and lay them in a greased casserole.
- Place tomato sliced on top of the fish.
- Pour sauce over all and bake for 30 minutes or until done.