Recipe by MariaLuisa
Quick, tasty, and naturally low in salt. From my mom.
Top Review by Sweetiebarbara
We loved it! Thank you again, MariaLuisa! I used frozen Flounder (but thawed) and we had our dinner by candlelight. I served your delicious fish with Recipe #303952, Recipe #314940, and Recipe #194316. This was easy to make, and we will definitely have it again. It is in my fish cookbook. Thanks! Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml finely chopped onion
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 907.18 g flat white fish fillets, fresh or frozen (flounder, sole, tilapia, etc.)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped parsley
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide skillet with lid cook the onion and mushrooms over medium heat in the margarine for about five minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and place the fish fillets over the mushrooms in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the fish.
- Cover the skillet and simmer gently for about 20 minutes (25 minutes if the fillets were frozen).
- Carefully transfer the fillets to a platter.
- If the sauce is watery, boil down rapidly. Otherwise, pour the mushrooms, onions, and juices over the fish and serve.