1/9 Photos of Fish Fillets Valenciennes
Quick, tasty, and naturally low in salt. From my mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 lbs flat white fish fillets, fresh or frozen (flounder, sole, tilapia, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a wide skillet with lid cook the onion and mushrooms over medium heat in the margarine for about five minutes, stirring often.
- 2Reduce heat to low and place the fish fillets over the mushrooms in a single layer.
- 3Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the fish.
- 4Cover the skillet and simmer gently for about 20 minutes (25 minutes if the fillets were frozen).
- 5Carefully transfer the fillets to a platter.
- 6If the sauce is watery, boil down rapidly. Otherwise, pour the mushrooms, onions, and juices over the fish and serve.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Fillets Valenciennes
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 156.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.9 g