Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is good using Cod, White fish, Haddock, Orange Roughy or Scrod. This recipe comes Daily Diabetic Recipes.com.
- I a large non-stick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, coriander, and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the peppers are very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender (Or use hand blender for less clean up);Blend until smooth, scraping down sides twice.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in the same skillet.
- Spoon the puree over the fish; cover and simmer until the fish is opaque, about 8 minutes.
- Serve the fish topped with pepper puree and with lime wedges.
I made this today, halving the recipe and using two small pieces of red snapper. I thought the flavor of the sauce was very complementary to that of this fish. I'll be making this again. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This didn't work out as I expected, but I also didn't follow the directions - I found some flounder (very cheap) and the fish basically fell apart in the pan when cooked with the pepper/onion mixture. We served it over rice. Next time I should try a firmer fish, such as the ones suggested.
Very easy. For the fish I used catfish fillets and when serving, I garnished with freshly snipped cilantro. Thanks Barb for posting.