Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe is good using Cod, White fish, Haddock, Orange Roughy or Scrod. This recipe comes Daily Diabetic Recipes.com.
Top Review by mianbao
I made this today, halving the recipe and using two small pieces of red snapper. I thought the flavor of the sauce was very complementary to that of this fish. I'll be making this again. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored,seeded,and chopped (12 ounces total)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- I a large non-stick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, coriander, and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the peppers are very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender (Or use hand blender for less clean up);Blend until smooth, scraping down sides twice.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in the same skillet.
- Spoon the puree over the fish; cover and simmer until the fish is opaque, about 8 minutes.
- Serve the fish topped with pepper puree and with lime wedges.